For processing to be lawful under GDPR, The British Polio Fellowship needs to identify the lawful basis for the processing of personal data. Organisations are not required to ‘repaper’ (that is refresh or obtain again) all existing consents, however we at The British Polio Fellowship feel this is a good time to make sure all our records are up-to-date and compliant.
It is with this in mind that we are asking all members to complete a Communication Consent Form. In this form we set out how, when, and why we will contact you and we ask that you return this form to us as soon as possible. A printed form is contained within the hard copy of the bulletin if you prefer to send it in by post. We now also have an online version to enable you to save time and save on postage costs (see below).
At a glance:
- We will never pass your personal data to any group or organisation outside The British Polio Fellowship and its communications providers
- We will only contact you regarding British Polio Fellowship activities and services
- You may ask to be removed from our communications list at any time by contacting Central Office
You can submit the form online here. If you prefer to send a physical copy please print off this PDF (or an original form from within the New Year bulletin), and return it to the address that can found on the contact page.
GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erase
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
For more information on GDPR see the ICO website