Fellowship submits response to the PIP consultation
The British Polio Fellowship has responded to the Government’s most recent consultation on DLA reform and the Personal Independence Payment (PIP).
The consultation period ran for 14 weeks, from 26 March to 30 June 2012.
Some of the points we have raised include:
- concern that the changes introduced with PIP may have a knock-on effect on Attendance Allowance
- There are several issues related to Motability eligibility
- The effects of aids and appliances on eligibility
- Time periods between reassessments
- Issues relating to temporary overseas absences (for reasons of cold intolerance, etc)
- The time period permitted for application
Some of these points have been raised by members and we thank everyone for their feedback. The consultation response was written by Carol Hughes, Disability Benefits Advisor.
We will report further developments in future editions of the Bulletin.